Board of Governors
The Schools run by the Sisters of St Joseph of the Apparition are found in Blata l-Bajda, Paola and Sliema. They are governed by a Board of Governors.
The Board is made up of nine (9) members: five (5) lay persons and four (4) religious. Another sister is called by the Provincial Superior to be the Link person between the Board of Governors and the Council of Heads. All members are appointed by the Provincial Superior. The Secretary and Vice-Secretary are appointed by the Board of Governors.
According to the Statute the duties of the Board members are:
- To abide by the Charter of the Sisters of St Joseph of the Apparition
- To ensure that the values, principles and beliefs set out in the Charter are actively practiced within the School
- To ensure that the National Minimum Curriculum is implemented
- To ensure that the school is properly run at all times
- To put forward to the Provincial Superior such proposals for the development and expansion of the school
- To ensure that all the provisions of the Statute of the Board of Governors are observed
- To monitor the development of the Council of Heads.
The Board of Governors as appointed by the Provincial Superior is composed of the following members:
- Sr. Cecilia Schembri (Provincial Superior)
- Mr Austin Walker (Chairperson)
- Ms Maud Muscat (Vice-Chairperson)
- Sr. Eugenie Ghirlando (Secretary)
- Mr Carm Busuttil (Vice-Secretary)
- Sr. Josephine Azzopardi (Provincial Bursar)
- Dr Ian Spiteri Bailey LLD
- Dr Mariella Mangion MD
- Sr David Borg Costanzi
- Ms Clarissa Fleri Soler